Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Dreamtime Craft Supplies Challenge #1

Good morning everyone! Today I’m pleased to announce the first challenge at Dreamtime Craft Supplies Inspirational blog. The theme of the challenge is

I would like to submit my heart flip card as the DT creation for this challenge since I specifically created this project for Dreamtime Craft Supplies DT call. You can find details of my card in my previous post here.
Some materials used in this card can be found from DCS store in the Inlinkz below.
This challenge will run until end of this month. You can submit up to 3 projects per challenge. Lisa has prepared an awesome prize for the winner. Hope you join our first challenge and get lucky.
Moreover, Lisa also has some blog candy to celebrate the first challenge. Just visit the link here and follow the instructions. Then, you will be eligible to win all the goodies below.
We still have DT call running. If you want to join our team and have fun, don’t hesitate to apply here.


8 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors of the left side! So sweet and adorable. But then I look at it again, and I love the soft colors on the right side too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jirawadee,
    I absolutely love your design. Your colouring is beautiful & love all of the shading. A fantastic way of using two Magnolia Tilda stamps. A great choice & placement of embellishments. Just wondering though, due to not ever used it before, but how & where did you use the Micro Glaze? Thanks for sharing xx

    Happy crafting
    Lisa - Dreamtime Craft Supplies

    Dreamtime Craft Supplies
    Dreamtime Craft Supplies Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,
      Thanks for asking about Micro Glaze since I didn't mention in the post. I always use distress ink and distress marker to colour my stamped image. Then, I apply Micro Glaze with finger on top to seal the coloured image as waterproof. The seal gives just very little shiny but still matte finish which I love it and cannot be seen in the picture. I don't know how well it can resist water but I think it may help to protect the image I spent hours colouring from some droplets of water. I would recommend you to give it a try.

      Delete
    2. So the Micro Glaze basically protects the coloured image from other substances that you may use, like the Distressed Ink pads when distressing? So does this help when you are using Frantage too, meaning it doesn't get on the image? A nice little shine sounds good too :) I will definitely give it a try :)

      Delete
    3. The Micro Glaze is just for water resistant. I made some mistakes when using it on this card. After applying Micro Glaze, the surface was a little sticky. Then I applied frantage embossing powder on the edge of heart shape. The Micro Glaze caused the powder to stick on Tilda so I had to brush the powder off from the unwanted area as you can see some powder left on Tilda's hair. That was not my intention. I think it takes many hours for Micro Glaze to completely dries without leaving sticky touch. Distress ink may be resisted to stick on the paper since it is water-base. So Micro Glaze should be applied in the very last step to prevent its undesirable effects to other mediums.

      Delete
  3. Stunning card Sai, I love all the detail you have put into it. You background coloring on the image is gorgeous as is the coloring of the image! Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sai, this is BEAUTIFUL! Love your coloring and shading. And your embellishments and design showcase her beautifully! I love the Ranger Micro Glaze too...works like a dream doesn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautifully colored with so much detailing work! Love how you used Micro glaze, new step for me! And those luscious flowers and Heart cut, enhances her beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...