Hi everyone! Welcome to my first blog ever. I’ve been doing scrapbook and cardmaking projects as a hobby for a few years. I really enjoyed reading many blogs to learn new techniques and get new inspiration for my own projects. So I decided to create this blog to document and share my cardmaking, scrapbooking, and other papercraft projects. I think this will be totally new experience for me and I hope everyone enjoys my blog.
Today I would like to start my first post with a birthday card I made for my dear friend. I’m practicing distress ink coloring technique. So I selected Magnolia Celebration Tilda stamp from Sweet Crazy Love 2012 Collection for this project. I think Celebration Tilda is perfect for shaker card and it looks like Tilda is wearing pajamas. So I created night scene and stars to match this stamp.
- Magnolia “Celebration Tilda” stamp
- Tiddly Inks “Cat Fever” clear stamp
- Lawn Fawn “Puffy Star Stackables” Dies – Used biggest size for shaker window
- Die-Versions “Little Lizzie” die font – Die cut on pattern stamped pink cardstock to make a sentiment
- Memory Box “Banner Parade” – Used stars for decoration
- Stars Punch – Punched on gold metallic paper for shaker
- My Favorite Things “Stargaze” stencils – Used with “Tumbled Glass” distress ink for background
- Ranger Stickles “Star Dust”
All stamped images were colored with distress ink. The night sky scene was also created with distress ink “Tumbled Glass”, “Salty Ocean”, and “Black Soot”.
Here it is when shaking…
I entered this card to these challenges:
- 7 Kids College Fund Challenge # 122 – Anything Goes
- All About Magnolia Challenge # 1 – Anything Goes
- As You Like It Challenge – Line or No-Line Technique. For this card, I preferred “Line” technique so that it would be easy to cut the stamped images out and assemble on the card.
- Lovely hÄnglar or Sweet Magnolia Challenge # 115 – Use A Sentiment
- One Crazy Stamper April Challenge – Anything Goes
- Scrapy Land Challenge # 15 – Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Happy Birthday
- Time For Magnolia Challenge # 88 – Anything Goes