Hello everyone! To share with you today is the card I created for Magnolia Forever challenge. The theme for February challenge is
I wanted to create a Valentine’s card in a different style. This card was inspired by fine arts cupids and angels sculptures I had seen in the museum. So I created this card in vintage monochrome look except the red heart to make red color pop out. I used die from Magnolia Vintage box 4 and Magnolia paper to cut the card base. The heart tags die cuts are from Doohickey box 5. I decorated the card with ivory ribbon, rhinestone button and antique gold charm to match with the vintage style.
This cute cupid is Magnolia “You Are My Valentine Tilda” stamp from Lovely Duo 2015 collection. I colored the image with distress ink as usual but it was quite challenging for this one as I wanted this Tilda to look like cupid sculpture. And I was satisfied with the result. I used only 4 colors for this image.
Cupid Tilda – Pumice Stone, Black Soot
Heart – Barn Door, Black Soot
Background – Gathered Twigs
The sentiment is also the stamp provided in this Tilda stamp kit. The frame die cuts for both image and sentiment are from Spellbinder Majestic Label Eight dies. The cupid charm is from Magnolia webshop.
I decorated the card with white and gray paper flowers to match with monochrome card. I also added red Gypsophila heart to match with red heart in the image.
I would like to enter this card to these challenges.
- All About Magnolia Challenge #30 –All About Anything Goes
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #204 – Fussy & Fancy
- Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia Challenge #154 – Anything Goes
- Magnolia-licious January Challenge – Anything Goes
- Midweek Magnolias Challenge #181 – Love/Valentines
- Noor Design February Challenge – Celebrations
- One Crazy Stamper February Challenge – Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles Challenge Week 5 – Anything Goes
- Scrapy Land Challenge #82 - Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes
I hope you like my card today. Thank you for stopping by and have a sweet day!